Bioterra Cellulosics “BSE Organic GSMA Cellulosic Fiber” is a proprietary blend of 100% organic, all natural, inert, high performance cellulosic fibers. BSE is a low cost high performance GSMA utilized in SMA (Stone Mastic Asphalt).
SMA is recommended for any road surface ands utilized for all heavy traffic roads. SMA is more economical (Long-life Asphalt pavements 2007, EAPA) than asphalt concrete. Since the specifications were introduced in 1984, the use of SMA has significantly increased. Stone Matrix Asphalt is appropriate for:
· Federal roads
· Rural roads
· Urban roads
· Industrial areas
BSE GSMA Cellulosic Fibers is utilized as a binder to improve the useful performance of road based asphalt. BSE GSMA Cellulosic Fiber provides:
· Greater stability against permanent deformation
· Greater resistance against mechanical strain
· Greater resistance against deformation and wear & tear
· Superior asphalt content
· Stronger affinity with grit
· Greater level of stability
· Improved low temperature of flexibility
· Longer service life
· Improved ageing resistance
· Reduced thickness of courses
· Improved bleeding resistance
Produced in the USA, BSE is by far the most environmentally responsible GSMA Cellulosic Fiber to exist. Containing no clay or silica products, no diatomaceous earth products, no wood fiber, no paper waste, no peat or coco coir, BSE possesses the lowest carbon footprint of any GSMA Cellulosic Fiber Binder to produce and utilize.
100% Produced in the USA, BSE is a proprietary organic spill and remediation absorbent that is 100% natural, 100% sustainable and 100% biodegradable.